Table of Contents
Your airport getaway will go more smoothly if you prepare ahead of time. Make educated guesses about expected passenger numbers or the busiest airport for Christmas and new year with the use of data and insights. Learn all you need to know about airport holiday planning, including which airports usually have the most passengers and which ones are usually the busiest, by reading this blog.
Know The Expected Passenger Numbers:
The number of passengers traveling through airports is expected to increase significantly in the coming years. In 2023, the Airports Council International (ACI) expects global passenger traffic to reach 4.0 billion, up from 3.8 billion in 2022. This means that airports will be busier than ever, and travelers will face challenges such as longer queues, crowded terminals, and increased wait times. Airports and aviation authorities are always looking for ways to make passengers’ airport experiences better and more stress-free. They are using a variety of measures and technologies to help with this.
Look at the World’s Aviation Hubs
The global aviation industry has witnessed an exponential rise in air travel over the years, leading to the development of numerous bustling airports around the world. These airports serve as vital hubs, connecting millions of passengers to various destinations worldwide.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL): 110.5 million passengers
- Beijing Daxing International Airport (PKX): 104.6 million passengers
- Dubai International Airport (DXB): 101.2 million passengers
- Tokyo Haneda International Airport (HND): 93.4 million passengers
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): 88.3 million passengers
- O’Hare International Airport (ORD): 87.8 million passengers
Airlines’ Insights on Passenger Traffic:
- Strong Rebound Expected: Airlines are generally optimistic about passenger traffic rebound in 2024, with passenger numbers potentially exceeding pre-pandemic levels.
- Continued Growth in Leisure Travel: Airlines anticipate continued strong demand for leisure travel, particularly for sun-and-sea destinations and exotic locations.
- Gradual Business Travel Recovery: Business travel is expected to lag leisure travel in recovery, with a slow and gradual rise back to pre-pandemic levels.
- Shifting Passenger Preferences: Airlines are adjusting to evolving passenger preferences, including increased demand for flexibility, contactless services, and personalized travel experiences.
In Short, these insights offer a glimpse into airlines’ expectations for passenger traffic and their strategies to adapt to a changing landscape. Overall, passengers can anticipate a growing focus on personalization, flexibility, comfort, and sustainability within air travel.
Primarily Planning: Flying with Insight and Efficiency
Book Airport Concierge Services
As you embark on your holiday journey during the bustling Christmas season, ensuring a stress-free and enjoyable experience becomes paramount. With airports expected to be crowded with passengers, navigating through the hustle and bustle can be challenging. However, by utilizing airport concierge services available through platforms like the airssist marketplace, you can streamline your travel experience, avoid crowds, and access various service providers conveniently.
The security screening process can take some time, so it’s important to be prepared. Have your boarding pass and ID ready, and remove any liquids, gels, and aerosols from your carry-on bag.
Booking Meet & Greet Service
Having airport greeters who understand your language and receiving expedited services are two ways in which a meet and greet service can improve your airport experience. Furthermore, they will be more than happy to help you with any and all parts of your airport experience. As an example, they may be able to speed through security checks and check-in, assist with luggage, and generally be there for you when you need them at the airport.
Be sure to pack light and avoid bringing any prohibited items in your carry-on or checked luggage. You can check the TSA website for a list of prohibited items.
Allow extra time for connections
If you have a connecting flight, be sure to allow extra time to get to your gate. This is especially important if you’re flying between different terminals.
Enjoy the amenities
Many airports offer a variety of amenities, such as shops, restaurants, and lounges. Take some time to relax and enjoy these amenities before your flight.
By following these tips, you can help ensure a smooth and stress-free experience at the airport.
- Check the airport website for information on parking, transportation, and other services.
- Download the airport app to get up-to-date flight information and real-time security wait times.
- Sign up for pre-check or TSA PreCheck to expedite the security screening process.
- Consider bringing a portable phone charger so you can stay connected while you’re waiting for your flight.
- Pack some snacks and drinks in case your flight is delayed or canceled.
- Have fun and enjoy your trip!
In short, Preliminary planning is a crucial step in ensuring a successful holiday at the airport. By determining your destination, researching travel requirements, setting a budget, choosing travel dates, booking flights and accommodations, planning airport transportation, and preparing travel essentials, you’ll lay a solid foundation for a smooth and enjoyable travel experience.
Remember to stay organized, remain flexible, and embrace the excitement of your upcoming holiday. Safe travels!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year