Table of Contents
Can you name the world’s largest & busiest airport? Isn’t that the Dubai International Airport that everyone talks about? Is it Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the busiest airport in the world? There is no correct option. King Fahd International Airport (DMM) is the largest airport in the world. Dammam, Saudi Arabia, home to the airport, is a very pretty city. Our topic today is the massive King Fahd International Airport in Saudi Arabia. And we’ll provide best Dammam Airport Guide and some insider tips for making the most of your stay at Dammam Airport.
Overview of Dammam Airport
King Fahd International Airport (DMM) is the largest airport in Saudi Arabia, serving the Eastern Province. Located in Dammam, it is a hub for several major airlines and serves as a gateway to the region. With its modern facilities and amenities, navigating DMM is a breeze, whether you’re a first-time traveler or a seasoned pro. With this Dammam airport guide, we’ll take you through everything you need to know to make your travel experience at DMM as smooth and stress-free as possible.
How Large is The King Fahd International Airport (DMM)?
King Fahd International Airport (DMM) is the largest airport in the world, covering an area of approximately 77,600 hectares (191,700 acres). The airport has four terminals, with a total floor area of over 800,000 square meters (8.6 million square feet). In addition, the airport also has two parallel runways, each measuring 4,000 meters (13,123 feet) in length, making it capable of handling some of the largest commercial aircraft in the world. In terms of passenger traffic, DMM is one of the busiest airports in Saudi Arabia, with over 10 million passengers passing through its terminals each year.
Dammam Airport (DMM) Map
If you’re planning on flying out of Dammam Airport, you might find the following information useful before you leave for the airport.
Mezzanine Level: This floor features a balcony for taking in the sights of planes taking off and landing. It also has a presentation area and a library. Restaurant, Restrooms, Viewing Room, and DACO Offices.
The Departure Level: Check–in, International Departures, Banks, ATMs, Travel Agencies, Kids’ Play Area, Meet & Greet Service, Restrooms, and Dining are all on.
Boarding Level: This floor connects passengers to the airplanes and to the departure and arrival areas. There are domestic passenger waiting areas and three bridges that link to parking and a mosque. Domestic Flights, Arrivals, and the Airport Mosque Access Bridges
Arrivals Level: Passengers arriving on international planes are processed by Customs and Immigration on the This level houses the airport’s primary means of egress, including the Bus Stop, Taxi Stand, and Car Service counters. Foreign Passengers, Lost and Found, Luggage Claims, Banks, ATMs, Mobile Operators, Gift Shops, Restrooms, and Food Service.
Service Level: The Ministry of Health clinic is located on this floor, which also serves as an access point between the terminal and the parking garage. This level is both the basement and the first. Parking (Zones A, B, C, and D) and Car Rentals.
Passenger Terminal at DMM Airport
There are six stories in the enormous terminal at King Fahd International Airport. Three are used for administrative procedures involving passengers. The other three are for actual travel, not just getting somewhere. The terminal is a massive structure at about 3,520,000 square feet. More than one airline uses 66 of every 100 check-in desks. The remaining 44 are occupied by airlines from different countries.
Royal Terminal King Fahd International Airport
A royal terminal covering a total area of 177,000 square feet was constructed at King Fahd International Airport. The royal family, high-ranking government officials, and visiting international dignitaries use this exclusive terminal.
Dammam Airport Guide Arrival Procedures
All arriving international travelers must go through Immigration and Passport Control at DMM Airport. In most airports, passengers wait in either a “first-time arrivals” or “arrivals for return visitors with multi-entry visas” queue, depending on whether or not they have a visa that allows them to enter and exit several times. airssist, one of the best airport concierge services offers “fast track” for customers in need of priority service.
The Necessary Paperwork
Passengers are encouraged to keep the following in mind prior to landing for a more streamlined experience:
- Verify that your passport, visa, and other necessary travel paperwork are in order and current.
- When taking a domestic aircraft within the Kingdom, it is required that you carry your National Identity Card at all times.
- A visa is required for entry into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for all nationalities outside of the GCC and holders of a Saudi Iqama. Visitors from a small number of countries, however, can now get visas upon arrival.
Dammam Airport Guide Departure Procedures
Procedures for Checking in
King Fahd International Airport has three different check-in options available. The specifics are as follows:
- At King Fahd International Airport, passengers can check in for their flights at the airline counter or at one of the self-service kiosks.
- Most airlines now provide the option to check in online, saving you time and hassle. Please contact your airline ahead of your trip to learn about their policies and processes, as well as whether or not you can check in online.
- When you check in at one of the City Terminal locations in Dammam or Khobar, you can get your boarding card and drop off your bags up to 24 hours before your flight leaves, and they also offer secure wrapping for your belongings.
Notable information for City Terminal travelers:
- Trips can be registered for at the City Terminal up to 24 hours before they are scheduled to leave.
- The City Terminal stops accepting passengers for flights no less than six hours before takeoff.
- Only City Terminal-registered airline passengers have access to check-in services at the City Terminal.
- When it comes to transporting bags, the City Terminal follows the same rules as the airport does.
- There are rigorous processes in place to protect luggage on its journey from the City Terminal to the airport.
Advice for traveler’s check-out procedures:
- Don’t take any chances and get to the airport at least two to three hours before your flight is scheduled to leave. When arriving at the airport, you should give yourself plenty of time to check-in.
- In addition to a passport and flight confirmation, you may also need a visa for your primary country of departure.
- For domestic flights, check-in opens at least 3 hours before departure and closes 45 minutes to 1 hour before departure. Check the airline’s instructions on your ticket, as domestic check-in sometimes closes 1.5–2 hours before aircraft departure.
Enjoy a pleasant transit at King Fahd International Airport
Changing planes at DMM is a hassle, but it’s the same at any airport. The airport experience might be tedious due to the numerous procedures and lengthy lines. Meet and Greet, on the other hand, can make your transit through DMM quick and easy. What you may expect from a Meet and Greet transportation service:
- Personal Host/Concierge
- Dedicated porter service
- Terminal Transfer Assistance
- Access to VIP airport lounges
- Fast-track through airport procedures
- Access to the airport lounge
- Escort to the departure boarding gate on an electric buggy
Whether you are a veteran traveler or a first-time-flier or you require elderly assistance or special needs assistance. Meet and Greet helps all! You get to enjoy a memorable journey along with personalized assistance throughout your airport journey.
King Fahd International Airport offers a top-notch travel experience for visitors to Dammam and the Eastern Province. By following the tips and recommendations in this Dammam Airport guide, you’ll be well-prepared to easily navigate the airport, and make the most of your time there. Safe travel!