Geneva Airport formerly and still unofficially known as Cointrin Airport, it is the international airport of Geneva, the second most populous city in Switzerland. Geneva Airport has the service of Priority Lane which allows priority access to security checks without standing in traditional lines in addition to a lot of unique facilities for passengers that distinguish Geneva Airport.
Geneva Airport has 3 Terminals:
- The Newer and larger (Terminal 1): features the majority of flights, it’s known as the main terminal and it is divided into 5 piers, A, B, C, D and F.
- The smaller (Terminal 2): Seasonally used, it’s the original terminal in Geneva airport.
- Business Aviation Terminal (Terminal 3): it’s the FBOs that offer facilities including VIP lounges, private immigration, and customs screening.
Geneva Airport is located 4 km northwest of Geneva city center and it is partially located within the commune of Meyrin (France) and partially in the commune of Grand-Saconnex (Switzerland) with its northern limit along the Swiss–French border
Geneva Airport Code:
Geneva Airport has two IATA Codes; IATA code for Swiss side is GVA and IATA code for the French side is GGV.
What are The Major Airlines at Geneva airport?
Geneva Airport is a hub for easyJet Switzerland and a focus city for Swiss International Airlines, being the two largest companies.
In addition to British Airways, Flybe and Jet2.com and so many other airlines flying from and to Geneva Airport.
What are the Facilities Provided at Geneva Airport?
- Free Wi-Fi
- Luggage Storage: there’s the automatic baggage lockers service.
- Baggage Wrapping: Secure your baggage with the baggage wrapping service.
- Baggage Porter Service: it’s available upon request.
- Lost & Found: in case of losing any personal belonging at Geneva Airport, there are two contacts to call; The Police & Cantonal Lost Property Service.
- ATMs and Banking Service: ATMs can be found along Departure level in both public and transit area, and also in the cargo hall.
- Currency Exchange: Global Exchange Group is the main currency exchange operator at Geneva Airport.
- Business Services: it includes photocopy machine, internet and photo booth.
- Children’s Area: it consists of a kitchen, games and a rest area for both children and families.
- Key Object Deposit.
- Meditation room: Relax prior taking your flight at the Meditation room.
- Post Office.
- Smoking Area: The room is equipped with ventilation and smoke extraction.
How many private lounges are in Geneva Airport?
Geneva Airport GVA lounges are open to passengers at a reduced cost no matter the airline they are flying with. Many lounges are equipped with comfy seats, free snacks and an assorted selection of alcoholic drinks, spirits and liquors. While lounges are somewhat different, some of its main features are: Food (buffet or snacks), Unlimited drinks, Wi-Fi, Comfy seats, Showers.
Here are the private lounges in Geneva Airport:
- Air France / KLM
- British Airways Galleries Lounge
- DNATA Skyview Lounge
- Swiss First Lounge
- Horizon Lounge (Swissport)
- Marhaba Lounge
- SWISS Senator Lounge
What is Priority Lane?
The Priority Lane is a pass to skip the line and fast track the security check. You access the security check directly without having to join the usual queue. Using Priority Lane costs 10 CHF.
To get into the priority lane, you should do the following; After checking in, go to the security check on the Departure level. When you arrive at the security check, you will find two Priority Lane terminals. Scan your bar code and the barrier will open. You will then arrive directly at the security check. Once scanned, Priority Lane is no longer valid.
What are airssist services in Geneva airport?
airssist provides wide range of airport concierge services at Geneva Airport, where is has a high qualified team in the Meet and Great Service, a lot of connections to ensure a safe and smooth flight from departure, arrival to lounge on ground in the world of luxury. We can’t forget to mention the facilities provided by airssist during the covide-19 in finalizing the airport procedures during the pandemic .